So I think I’m going to start throwing recipes on this site too, simply because I won’t lose them as easily here as I can in other places (my hardrive, my room, kitchen, the trash…) Here’s the first one. It’s yummy and easy!
Cheesy Vegetarian “Chicken” and Rice
-1 Cup White Rice
-1 1/4 Cup Cold Water
-1 Packet George Washington Golden Broth
– 1/2 Block Velveeta Cheese
-1 Can Ro*Tel Tomatoes
-1 Can FriChik (Vegetarian Chicken Substitute)
1. Prepare rice with 1 1/4 cup cold water and packet of GW Golden Broth, cook in rice cooker for 40 minutes (the water and time are a result of the rice cooker I use).
2. Chop up all the FriChik pieces in the can to a medium dice, set aside.
3. Chop up the hunk of Velveeta into cubes, set aside.
4. In a microwave safe covered casserole dish, combine rice, Ro*Tel Tomatoes, FriChik pieces, and Velveeta pieces together, stirring all together.
5. Cover and place in microwave, heating for two minutes.
6. After the two minutes, take it out, remove the cover, and stir everything together again.
7. Cover and place back in the microwave, heating again for another 2 minutes.
8. After these two minutes are up, the Velveeta should be completely melted. Stir together, until everything is completely mixed together. If cheese is not yet melted, keep microwaving and stirring on two minute intervals.
And here’s your finished product:
Oh it’s so good! So cheesy and creamy and spicy and wonderful. This serves about a family of four. And the longest part of this is cooking the rice. What we usually do is put the rice in the cooker in the morning, and when we get home, just chop and combine and microwave. The rice gets reheated, and it makes it even quicker after a long day.
Thanks for indulging me on this trying to save all recipes. 🙂